Monday, February 28, 2011

down and out....

Over the weekend out of no where and with no warning I was hit with depression… It gradually started Saturday morning after Zumba class. Which was a blast and I did feel great after dancing my butt off for an hour along with my gf Candice. I went home after class and took a shower… It was right after that when BAM it hit me, I was falling fast into depression mode. I tried so hard to fight it… I even joined my friend Carleen for a soup and salad lunch at the Olive Garden. We both had some venting to do about boys.


After my lunch date I went home and spent the afternoon on the couch watching I almost got away with it and Toddlers and Tiaras. I had every intention of cleaning my kitchen and doing my usual weekend chores, but I had no motivation. I watched TV until my BF was finally done playing black ops and was ready to head out to Andrew and Carleen’s house for Fight Night. I wasn’t even in the mood to go, which is so not my usual. It must have been obvious how down I was feeling because a few people tried to call me out about it. I am usually the life of the party and full of laughs. After a few beers and some laughs with Carleen and the kitten, I started coming out of my funk. After the fights we got the kinect set up and played Dance Central. We had a blast! Then it was back home we went….

I ended the night with a major breakdown…. I think I may have cried myself to sleep, because when I woke up Sunday morning my eyes hurt and they were swollen… Oh and I had a major headache. I stayed in bed pretty much all day and had a pity party for myself. Sunday was a major depression day and now that the work week has started I am headed for a danger zone. I still have the darn headache from Sunday and my eyes feel funny, I am feeling dizzy and constantly feeling like I am going to fall asleep. At this point I could go to sleep and not wake up until its time to get my kids back on Friday afternoon.

This week is not a good week to have to deal with my depression issues… There is too much on my list of things to do. With the baby shower just days away, a basketball game to attend three nights this week and getting prepared for our trip I need more hours in my day. I am finding myself not only depressed but full of stress too. Ugh! Shoot I am going to end up making myself sick right in time for my vacation… Geez so much for a weekend update huh.

I need a ZUMBA session ASAP!

1 comment: