Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gluten Free baby!

I am having fun picking out the recipes for the Froggy style baby shower. I want to make the shower menu gluten free. It just only makes perfect sense since mommy to be is gluten free. I think I will be using those words a lot in this post, gluten free that is.


I was feeling a bit intimidated when I first started on the menu planning. The shower start time is for noon, so I figured appetizers and a light lunch and cupcakes for dessert. PERFECT! There are 3 other ladies helping out with the menu as well. Thank god for that cause we are going to need a lot of food for this shin-dig. After looking up some recipes and having most of my questions answered by Bee (the mommy to be) I am feeling more confident about this whole gluten free menu plan. Here are the three gluten free appetizer dips I have found on recipes.com. I am still figuring out a main dish, and I am thinking of doing Gluten Free Lasagna. I hope it meets the yummo factor with the gluten free folks.

*Gluten Free-Spinich Dip
*Gluten Free-Salmon Spread
*Gluten Free-BLT dip

Sound yummy or what?
Don't hesitate to give me any advise or suggestions, lord knows I need it *wink*

Define the meaning of....
Gluten-(from Latin gluten "glue") is a protein composite that appears in foods processed from wheat and related species, including barley and rye. It gives elasticity to dough, helping it to rise and to keep its shape, and often giving the final product a chewy texture.




As the cases of alleged gluten sensitivity increases, many foods are now labeled to clarify whether they contain gluten.

No comments:

Post a Comment