Thursday, January 20, 2011

My little athletes

One thing we agreed on when we had our two children was sports and extra activities was a must. My son Ryder can be a busy boy year round now that he is getting older. Ryder is currently enrolled in a Art class at his school every Wednesday morning before school starts. He loves to draw, plus he comes from a line of artists (His grandpa,Uncle and Dad) so when the opportunity arose for this FREE art class I jump right on it.

Ryder does many sports, this is him after taking 2nd place in Cross Country. This was a huge deal for him and us, since he won 2nd place out of all the 3rd grade boys in the county. Every fall all the elementary schools in South Kitsap meet up and do cross country races. His 2nd grade year he got 8th place. So this was a awesome day for him and I will never forget his face when he crossed the finish line.
Ryder also plays basketball, here he is with his trophy. He is so proud and so are we. Ryder starts basketball again next week, his dad and uncle coach his team. Now this is my sport for sure, I played basketball for 9 long years growing up. I come from a family full of b-ball players, my dad, sisters and brother all played and love the sport. I really want to coach my son's team, but I step aside and let dad do his thing.lol Hey there is always Mazie and she loves to play this sport already, she'll be my little point gaurd!

My Ryder up to bat in red # 8
Ryder has been playing baseball every spring since he was 5 years old. His dad helps with coaching every year. I can't believe we are getting ready to sign him up for his 5th season this spring and this year he moves up to minors. Can you say BUSY!!! They practice everyday and the games are more intense, no more coach pitch. Eeek! I am already nervous.

Ryder does golf too! His Papa got him his first set of golf clubs last Christmas. Ryder likes to go golfing with his uncle and go to the shooting range with T and Isaiah. This picture is of Ryder at Golf camp last July, he loved it and will be returning again this summer.
Ryder and his buddy Nolan at Golf camp July 2010.

My son also plays soccer! This last fall season was his best ever. He certainly stepped it up and showed just how awesome of an athlete he can be. Ryder has been playing soccer since he was 4 years old. He is fantastic! See that is my baby; the one going for the ball, yep the skinny one in white. Hehehe
Oh I can't forget about my busy little princess. Mazie is my tiny dancer, she did tap and ballet last year every Saturday from September to June when she was 3. This picture was taken at her recital in June 2010. This year Mazie is doing Jazz, which is more up beat and if you know my Mazie she is nothing but UP BEAT!
Before Mazie started her Jazz classes she did her first season of soccer. It was something exciting and new for us both. I ended up volunteering to be the coach of her team. One day I received a email saying they had no coach and there would be no team if there wasn't a coach. So I stepped up and did it, note: I have never played soccer let alone ever coached it. It all worked out in the end and we had a fantastic season. I did have two dad's step up and help out since I had six 4 year olds to handle. That was a major challenge Here is our team: The Pixie Chicks
Note:four year olds love trophy's and metals! :)
Can someone please tell me why my daughter (the one in blue) is the shortest chick on the team? I am a Tall Girl (6') and don't understand this? My son Ryder is the tallest kid in the 3rd grade and taller than some 5th and 6th graders, that is how I was too growing up. So what is the deal with my Mazie?lol She never gains weight either, back in August she weighed 33lbs and she was weighed last week and she was 33lbs.
I guess she is my Tiny dancer after all....
I forgot to mention swim lessons! Yes, my kids do that in the summer as well. Ryder has been doing swim lessons every year since he was 11 months old and Mazie has been doing them since she was 12 months. They both love the water and I hope they will become super swimmers as they get older. I think its very important for everyone to learn to swim, its a survival thing you know.
So there you have it my two busy bee's.
Its always go go go for this full time working mama of two, and I love every moment of it.







No comments:

Post a Comment