Thursday, January 6, 2011

1st annual Holiday baking day

The weekend before Christmas I had a whole Saturday all to myself. This is very rare for me to have a whole day of no work, no kids and no T. So I planned a day for Holiday baking… When I say planned I mean I was stocking up for months. My cupboard was full of bags of flour, sugar, coconut, pans and all the flavorings needed for the goodies. Oh and butter lots of butter! I had my recipes all ready and planned out prior to Thanksgiving. This day was very exciting for me; I was even given a new Christmas apron from my secret Santa at work. Thanks Autumn*wink*

My friend Ali even came by with her two lil ones Lily and Grace and her brother who just moved here from Michigan. They came by for snacks and to visit with me as I got my baking on.


I made Cinnamon Rolls, tons of sugar cookie Christmas trees, Macaroons special for my Sweet T (he loves coconut) and FUDGE with and with out nuts. Take note fudge is so much better with nuts, Im just sayin.
Later that evening my big sister Alisa and my Niece Kennedy joined me. My sister took me around Puyallup/Edgewood to delivery the yummy Cinnamon rolls. I had two glasses of wine so I couldn't drive. Awww,nothing like spending quality time in your kitchen with a nice glass of wine. Or two!



The day was full of baking and yummy smells filled my house. Word got out about my goodies and I had to make more pans of Cinnamon rolls the following day. I made a total of 12 pans and made 8 special deliveries. This will be a new tradition of mine every year for the holidays. I am already getting orders for more! Hehehe…. I’m thinking I may do this for Easter as well.

1 comment:

  1. and it was SOOOOO good, and truly a treat, love ya

    ReplyDelete