Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Santa Claus is coming to town... oh yeah!

Merry Christmas
Ryder and Mazie's Santa visit 2010


Last Saturday prior to the Nutcracker extravaganza, the kids and I went to visit Santa. For the past 5yrs Ryder and Mazie have visited the same Santa at the Log Cabin Museum in downtown Port Orchard, Wa. This year it was a different Santa but the kids didn’t seem to notice or care. The Log Cabin Museum does this every weekend up until Christmas, its donation only and the best part is you get to take your own photos. As many photos as your heart desires. The kids were excited to see their picture from last year posted on their wall of fame *giggle* The folks that run the museum always manage to include mom in the pictures also. Santa insisted I sit on his lap (one thigh vacant), I told him um no don’t think your skinny leg will hold this momma. He was so persistent, so I just faked it using every mussel in my legs to hold myself up so I didn’t put any of my weight on this frail ol’ Santa.
Mazie asked Santa for Beyblades, yes my daughter likes to play with boy toys. Don’t get me wrong she likes the girly stuff too *wink*. I don’t think Santa even knew what beyblades were and the way my 4 year old says beyblades comes out sounding like baybaids or something like that.
Ryder asked Santa for a remote control car and legos. I think it’s pretty awesome my 9 year old still believes in Santa. It makes it still fun for us parents to play along. I for one think that is the best part about Christmas as an adult, is the whole playing along with the fantasy of Santa and his 9 reindeer. I believed in Santa until I was in 4th grade. I was about 9 or 10 years old when my big sister decided to ruin it for me. I remember Christmas not being as fun as it was when I did believe in Santa. So I am enjoying the fun with my children now.

No comments:

Post a Comment